Monday 2 April 2018

Critical Reflection

Looking back at my objectives for this module, I wanted to improve my writing and presentation skills. Personally, I feel that I have achieved my goals as I have the chance to write a full technical report with the help of my group. The final presentation also gave me a chance to brush up on my presentation skills as I have practised for the final presentation with some of my classmates, and this has improved my self-confidence as they have given me valuable feedbacks. I would like to integrate the skills that I have learnt in the module into my daily life as it can help me to continuously improve my ability in writing and public speaking.

The main challenge in writing the report is due to the hectic schedule of my group members. As the three of us are in different project groups for other modules, it was hard for us to meet up and discuss the direction of this report. On top of that, some of us have external commitments which further limit our discussion time. This caused my team to have a lack of communication. Therefore, my team decided to split the report evenly and compile it at a later date and this lead to inconsistent work quality as we had different ideas of the project direction.

I have learned that effective communication is a crucial element in a group work. Despite the group works that we have done previously in this undergraduate course, we tend to forget that communication is a significant aspect of the project. This course has taught me of the importance of constant and effective communication between people. Overall, I feel that I have became a better writer and presenter.

Commented:
Umar
Shih Chieh
Haziq



10 comments:

  1. Thanks very much, Wei Ming, for the detailed reflection. I'm happy you feel you were able to achieve your goals, and that you feel that despite the tensions, the research project and report writing were worthwhile. It's great that you learned that "communication is a significant aspect of the project."

    All the best in your future endeavors!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Brad,

      Thank you for your constant guidance throughout this module. I have realised your rationale for making us actively reply to emails and blog comments, as it helps us to open up and communicate with other people.

      Thank you for being my instructor in this effective communications module. I hope to see you again in the future!

      Regards,
      Wei Ming

      Delete
  2. Hi Wei Ming, i'm glad to read that your learning objectives for this module have been met. I can empathise with the difficulty you faced in accommodating the team's schedule, and you could view it as a learning opportunity. Perhaps setting team goals and ensuring the team works towards these goals could improve the team's coordination.

    Thanks Wei Ming, for being part of my Effective Communication learning journey!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Shih Chieh,

      I have definitely learnt how to better facilitate to the team's schedule to achieve any goals.

      Thank you for being a part of my effective communications module.

      Regards,
      Wei Ming

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    3. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    4. Hi Wei Ming, I'm glad to know and all the best to your upcoming exams!

      Delete
  3. Hi Wei Ming! It is great to hear that you were able to meet the target you set for this course. Although you faced trials and tribulations in your project team, I am sure that this will benefit you in the future as you know that you are able to handle and manage what you thought was stressful. Your hardworking-ness will pay off!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Wei Ming,

    I believed you have achieved your goals that you have set for yourself during the start of the module. I believe there will always be hurdles in life. As long as you are able to overcome it, you will naturally become a better person.

    Cheers,
    Gordon

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Wei Ming,

    I am glad to hear that you have met your target for this course. I believe there will always be difficulties in life, but let it be a guidance to making you better at whatever it is you may be doing. I wish the best for you.

    Cheers,
    Huan Choon

    ReplyDelete

Technical Report Final

1.0 Introduction 1.1 Background This proposal is developed in response to the call for engineering problem solution. for creating sol...